Isn’t it a pain to plug that big, energy-sucking monster from the closet every year? It barely fits in your window, it doesn’t even work very well, and it could lead to a serious back injury in the future if you’re not careful. Those window air conditioners are heavy, and not an easy thing to set up with only one or two people.
But that’s not what we’re going to focus on today. If you live in an apartment or don’t have access to an entire private living space, then they’re perfect for that. But if you’re a homeowner or someone with an extended living space that could be cooled in its entirety, then we’d like the make the case today to finally upgrade.
Yep, it’s that time we talked about the big ugly elephant in the room (or in the window). If you’ve thought about searching online for “central air installation near me,” but you’re worried about the costs, then let’s talk about the costs of not getting this upgrade.
The 5 Struggles of a Window AC Unit
A window air conditioner might be the cheapest kind of AC available, but that’s for a good reason. As far as air conditioning technology goes, they’re not good at keeping things cool at an efficient rate. Here are some reasons why they can be bad.
- Insulation problems. Your home might be insulated from the outdoors, but it’s not very insulated from room to room. This means that the cool air your window AC makes will easily slip into other areas where it can’t be felt.
- They don’t work for many lifestyles. Sometimes it’s just a hassle to only have one or two rooms of your home cooled by an air conditioner. It would just be easier to have a system that cools your entire home.
- Terrible efficiency. Window AC units don’t have high energy efficiency, especially for what little cooling they create.
- Installation every year. It’s a huge pain to set this system up every year. And it blocks your precious window space that could be used for curtains and sunlight.
- Poor comfort control. Some window AC units don’t have strict temperature control, so you never really know what the temperature will be when it finishes running.
A Central AC Solves Those Problems
Yep, in this day and age, central air conditioners are leagues above what they used to be. They’re more affordable than ever, energy efficient, and you can even finance them using a plan that pays over time.
A central air conditioner is more powerful, more energy efficient, and more convenient than any window AC unit on the market. You can even upgrade to a ductless or ducted heat pump which can provide you with cooling and heating at the flip of a switch.
We know that some people think of air conditioning as a luxury. But as temperatures reach record highs every year, and as the energy grid gets more stressed, it’s important to think about the future. Invest in an air conditioning system that cools the most amount of space with the least amount of energy involved. That, in this case, is a central AC.
Join the Jake's Heating, Air & Plumbing VIP Club
Let us reduce future repair needs and keep your HVAC systems operating at peak performance throughout their lifespan.