Last year was a hard year for many people, whether it’s trouble with a new job, a new stage in life, or even just a large and unexpected investment. Sometimes, a heating system could be all of those things, and a new unit might cause a lot of stress in families.
Our job right now is to alleviate that stress and to try and make things easier. You might not need any furnace service in Muncie, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t things you can do right now to impact your heating and the foreseeable future of your home.
So, here are 5 tips for the new year to get you started on being a better heating system owner, and to ensure you don’t need an early replacement. Just make sure you call us if you have any questions or concerns.
New Year: New You
From the team here at Jake’s, we’d like to sincerely say happy new year and thank you for being such a loyal customer. Now that 2024 has arrived, let’s get down to business on some ways that you might avoid expensive repairs.
- Schedule maintenance. It’s never too early or late to schedule maintenance. This is an essential service for your heating system, no matter how old or new it is, and it’s going to save you money over time. Why not schedule an appointment now? We’ll set it up so that it matches your schedule, since it’s not an urgent service.
- Change out the air filter. Every forced-air heating and cooling system has an air filter that needs to be changed out. This can be done by a homeowner and it’s important for your system to run efficiently and it even improves your air quality. Our guideline is to change it every 1–3 months, depending on many factors like pets with fur and your personal health.
- Stay vigilant. Every noise, odor, and sign that your system isn’t working right could mean that it needs to be repaired. Remember, an HVAC technician isn’t the one living in your home—you are! You’ll be the first line of defense to notice anything going wrong. The earlier you call for our help, the better of a position you’ll be in.
- Investigate your options. If you have an old heating system, or one that’s simply on the fritz (even if it isn’t that old) you might want to at least know about your replacement options. Do a little bit of digging to know about heat pumps, the types of furnaces you could use, and even the advantages of other heating systems. When working with our team, this knowledge will be vital in making sure you choose the best system for your house.
- Don’t give up! Sometimes, with an expensive repair or a last-minute replacement, the world can feel cruel. Heating systems are expensive and there’s usually never much of a choice in the matter, since your home needs heat in the winter. But stay positive and make sure to use your available options like the financing and tax incentives offered by the state and federal government to get the most out of a purchase.
Jake’s Heating, Air & Plumbing has your back. Contact us today and Trust Jake’s to Get the Job Done Right!
Join the Jake's Heating, Air & Plumbing VIP Club
Let us reduce future repair needs and keep your HVAC systems operating at peak performance throughout their lifespan.